Health & Safety
Our slogan is “Where health and safety come first” and is not by coincidence, providing a safe scaffolding service is our number one priority.
Health and Safety Policy Statement
The Health and Safety (H&S Checklist) at Work etc, Act 1974 imposes a statutory duty on employers to ensure in so far as is reasonably practicable the safety of their employees whilst at work. This duty also extends to others who may be affected by that work.
Employees also have a statutory duty to take care of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
To enable these duties to be carried out, it is our intent to ensure that responsibilities for safety matters are effectively assigned,
accepted and fulfilled at all levels within our organizational structure.
We will, so far as it is reasonably practicable, ensure that:
- Adequate resources are provided to ensure that proper provision can be made for health and safety.
- Risk assessments are carried out and periodically reviewed.
- Systems of work are provided and maintained that are safe and without risks to health.
- Arrangements for use, handling, storage, and transport of articles and substances for use at work are safe and without risk to health.
- All employees are provided with such information, instruction, training, and supervision as is necessary to secure their safety and health at work and the safety of others who may be affected by their actions.
- Where appropriate, health surveillance will be provided for employees.
- The provision and maintenance of all plant, machinery, and equipment is safe and without risk to health.
- The working environment of all employees is safe and without risks to health and that adequate provision is made with regard to the facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
- The place of work is safe and that there is safe access to and egress from the workplace monitoring activities are undertaken to maintain agreed standards.
At KB Scaffolding LTD environmental considerations are ranked as important as other business issues. We do everything we can to avoid negatively impacting the environment, and building a sustainable business forms a core pillar of our organization. We aim offering the highest quality service possible, using all technological advantages.
Within our environmental management system, these are just some of the things we consider:
- Monitoring and minimizing site waste
- Segregating and recycling site waste
- Adopting best practice policies for control of noise and dust
- Sourcing of Timber/scaffold boards from PEFC Certified Supplier
- Recycling substantial levels of materials previously supplied